Many people will lose one or more teeth during their lifetime, usually as a result of injury or disease. Dental implants are a great way to replace the tooth and restore the beauty of your smile and the functionality of your teeth. If you live in Fairfax, VA, or Manassas, VA, and you think dental implants may be right for you, contact Contemporary Dentistry today.
What Are Dental Implants?
Implants are essentially titanium posts that are affixed to your jaw. This post acts as a root for the replacement tooth that will then be inserted. This system allows you to enjoy a strong new tooth that can perform all the functions of a natural tooth.
Due to their attachment to the bone, implants are studier than dentures or bridges. They look and feel more natural, and they don’t compromise the health of neighboring teeth. Given proper care, they can be expected to last a lifetime. Implant care is the same as regular dental care. With regular flossing, brushing, and checkups, your implants will stay healthy and bright.
What Implant Services are Available?
A dental implant is a major surgery, which means some other procedures may be necessary to prepare for and maintain the implant. These services include:
- Sinus lift augmentation: revert the sinus, which may have changed shape after the loss of natural teeth, to its natural size and state.
- Autogenous bone grafting: add to the existing bone in your jaw to give the implant enough bone to attach to.
- Implant site development: repair damage to the site of a tooth that was previously lost to infection.
- Computer-enhanced treatment planning: scan the site in three dimensions to gather more information about the quality, quantity, and location of the bone in your jaw.
- Implant maintenance: regularly clean the implants to prevent infections.
Don’t let missing teeth make your life difficult. For high-quality dental implants, come to Contemporary Dentistry. Call us today to learn more about our services.