Dr. Edison Abril focuses in Periodontics and Implant Dentistry
Dr. Abril’s professional promise to you is trust, respect, and ethical care for your teeth, implants and gums. He believes in dedicating the right amount of time to each patient whether it is for a consultation or a complex surgical procedure. Dr. Abril graduated from St. Louis University in St. Louis, Missouri where he received his degree in both periodontics and Master of Science in dentistry (research).
During his time as a resident Dr. Abril was a clinical instructor of the Southern Illinois University. His experience goes beyond the classroom and extends to international venues. He practiced privately for two years in Bogotá, Colombia where he holds a degree in general dentistry. He worked in a general dentistry practice in Northern Virginia for five years where he discovered his passion for periodontics and focused patient care.
During his periodontal training, Dr. Abril acquired clinical experience in all aspects of non-surgical and surgical periodontal procedures including scaling and root planing (deep cleanings), bone grafting around teeth and implants, plastic surgery for teeth with gum recession and for teeth with poor gum quality, as well as crown lengthening procedures. He is fully trained in dental implant surgery, a treatment that replaces missing teeth with state-of-the-art dental implants that look and function like natural teeth.
He has committed himself to improving the quality of people’s lives by treating the diseases that cause tooth loss and contribute to many overall health problems. He is also LANAP® and LAPIP™ certified which consists of the use of a periodontal laser – PerioLase®, to conservatively (no incisions, no stitches and better recovery) treat periodontal disease allowing significant improvements in the health of teeth and implants that were considered to have a poor-questionable prognosis in the beginning of the treatment.
- Periodontics and Dental Implant Surgery.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, Colombian College of Dentistry, Bogotá Colombia – 1998.
- Advanced Surgical Master Curriculum in Regenerative Implant Dentistry University of Szeged-Budapest, Hungary 2019.
- Master of Science in Dentistry (Research), Saint Louis University-2011
- Certificate in Periodontics and Implant Surgery, Saint Louis University – 2011.
- Laser Periodontal Therapy ™ Millennium Dental Technologies ™ 2015-2017.
- LANAP® and LAPIP™ certified.
- All-on-4® certified surgeon.
- Certificate in Bone Regeneration, University of Szeged-Budapest, Hungary 2019.
- Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology.
- American Academy of Periodontology.
- Active member of the Academy of Osseointegratio
Have always been apprehensive about going to dentist as a result of bad experiences earlier in life. Dr. Hangval and his staff are fantastic. They have made my experiences as pain-free as possible and continuously check to make sure you are doing well.
I have been going to this dental clinic for about 3 years and it is always a pleasant experience. From the moment you enter the clinic you are received with a smile and just taken great care of. All of my visits have been pleasant.
Great Service - very flexible/and always welcome you with smile. We have moved further out but I still bring my kids here as it is very comfortable. I would give more stars if that was option.